This Facilitation Workshop is designed for those who currently run meetings, or plan to do so in the immediate future. The program develops participants’ ability to lead meetings more effectively and focuses on strategies to increase productivity.
Anyone who is interested in facilitating meetings of any type. Not every person is suited to be a facilitator. Ideal candidates are people who can be neutral but engaging, objective but challenging, and tactful but firm. You might also read a separate post – Should You Hire A Facilitator? – to get an idea of a facilitator’s role.
- Organise and facilitate effective meetings
- Control problem people, and encourage less dominant people to participate
- Focus on the completion of the meeting and its objectives in a minimum amount of time
Specific Points of Emphasis
- To Meet or Not To Meet This section discusses when meetings are appropriate, and how to use a meeting as an effective way to achieve the desired results.
- Preparation, Set-up and Starting Participants review steps in preparing for a meeting. Topics covering in this section include developing an agenda, audience analysis, and establishing a supporting environment.
- Controlling and Closing Participants will generate solutions to dealing with people’s behaviour in meetings.
- Summarising and Closing This section covers how to effectively end a meeting through summarising the key points and evaluating the meeting’s success.
- Practice Participants have the opportunity to practice the various tips and suggestions presenting during the workshop.
The workshop is typically half-day, but can be expanded to include brainstorm facilitation which incorporates brainstorm techniques from the Creative Thinking workshop.
The maximum number of participants is 20, and the minimum number is 5. The workshop is typically half-day.
For More Information
Please use the form below to contact me for more information about the workshop, to discuss how it might conducted or adapted to suit your participants, or to receive more detailed information, such as a sample agenda or initial estimate. You might also check out my page on Engagement Logistics.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]